23 January 2010

Safety First, Seriously

Since I haven't moved much from the last time I posted, except to go to the doctor and somehow manage to sit at my desk at work, I haven't had much time to ride or do much of anything. So I'm taking the opportunity to tell you that helmets save lives originally posted here.
--------------
Cruisin’ the Conejo was supposed to be my first organized metric century as well as Bobby’s. Unfortunately for Bobby, he crashed hard at around mile 23 going down a long, straight decent at around 35 mph. By the looks of this photo, I can’t stress how important it is to be wearing a helmet! You might feel “dorky” in a helmet but it really does save lives. Check out his gnarly bruise on his head WITH the helmet. Can you imagine what that’d be like without one? It’s a good thing our friend Debbie was there by his side at the time of the accident…

No comments:

Post a Comment